- Why should I try Hostman?
Hostman saves developers lots of time, and businesses lots of money, because it automates DevOps, with CI/CD out of the box. Hostman is very easy to use, intuitive, and flexible: on Hostman you can host static websites, back-end applications, Docker containers, and databases.
Scaling has never been easier. Just enable it and it will scale your application automatically within the limits you set up. The service is completely free for your static website or front-end app. What's more, it includes a free SSL certificate and global CDN out of the box. For back-end services we offer very simple pricing using a pay-per-use model. Our service is global, so you can host your application anywhere in the world. We will provide you with a free domain to launch your website or application in minutes. You can also use your own custom domain if you have one.
- Is Hostman a fresh company?
- We started operations in 2019 for private customers and opened our service to the public in early 2020. The team has 15 years of expertise in the cloud hosting industry. As a fresh company we are very flexible and able to improve our product very quickly to deliver the best possible experience.
- How stable is Hostman?
- We host your services on AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and Digital Ocean – all well-known leaders in stability and security. If you trust those platforms, you can trust us. We achieved an uptime of 99.99 % last year, and our goal is to achieve 99.999% this year. That's only a few minutes of downtime per year.
- How does Hostman's pricing compare to traditional cloud providers?
- It's the same price, and sometimes even cheaper. We partner with those cloud providers and we offer a volume discount, so we are able to keep the same prices for end users while providing additional features.
- I’m from Europe. Is there any way to deploy to servers there?
- Yes, we have several locations around the world. USA: San Francisco and New York; Europe: Amsterdam, London, and Frankfurt; Asia: Singapore and Bangalore. Just pick the location nearest you. Also, all static websites operate via a CDN. This means they will be delivered very fast to any point in the world.
- How secure is Hostman? Is it safe to use your service for sensitive data?
- Security testing is included in our software development process. We also participate in a bug bounty program, which helps us to keep the security level as high as possible.
- Can I switch from Hostman if I want? Does it have any kind of vendor lock?
- Unlike traditional cloud providers, we don't use any vendor lock. This means you can easily switch to another provider if you want. Our only vendor lock is our ease of use and great customer support.
- Do you have any documentation for your security/GDPR compliance? That’s always a sticking point for our customers.